September 5th Update

On Labor Day, Susie became unresponsive so we brought her to the hospital. After several blood tests and consultations with doctors, the final conclusion was that, unfortunately, Susie is not going to get any better. There are just too many battles going on in her body to handle all at once.

Her mom, Elaine, said it better that I ever could with her comment made on Facebook this morning:

“Susie is in hospital surrounded by immediate family. She is doing the work it takes – quietly, bravely, painlessly – to finish her life and let it go. We are beside her, singing, telling stories, kissing her and stroking her softly in total support of her decision and endeavor. She is so loved.”

Before, we have asked for your thoughts and prayers to give Susie strength – which you have given in amazing fashion. We now ask that you continue to do so for the sake of her comfort and peace.

Ron Walker

About Ron Walker

Susie's husband.
This entry was posted in Susie Updates and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to September 5th Update

1. dhart says:

I am so sorry to hear the news… I love you guys!
    May the God of peace be with you and comfort you!!!!

2. jad742 says:

Ron, Nancy and I continue to pray for you and Susie. May she find the peace we all seek. We love you guys….

3. thedons says:

I haven’t cried this hard since my mom passed. I wish I could trade places with her.
    Love you all,
    Don

4. dianawittenbrock says:

I am overwhelmed with emotion as I read this. Though I have not seen Susie in years, I have considered her to be a sort of extended part of the family since their family moved down the street from us nearly 30 years ago.

A very bright light is leaving us and I feel for all of you.

5. Cathy says:

Ron and Family…This is heartbreaking news. You’re all in my thoughts, I hope she finds peace and comfort amongst those who love her most as she passes to her journey ahead. I believe in spirit and soul and will look for her in all places beautiful yet earthly. She’s truly one of the good ones, I feel blessed knowing the pleasure of calling her my friend. love you, Sue. <3

6. EricaGravalec says:

I love you all so so much. <3
    If there is Anything and I mean anything please call! I love you!❤

7. Denis and Carol says:

This news is just heartbreaking, our hearts and prayers are with you both. Susie will always be with us in so many ways.

God bless.

8. papadave papadave says:

Thank you, Ron, for your words for us – the outsiders. I know it must have pained you to write these words. Take care, my friend, and know that Susie will never be gone from our hearts.

All of us are there with you in spirit as you make her passing a little bit easier – a little bit softer.

Caress her hand for me, would ya?

9. Lisa Antuna Lisa Antuna says:

My heart breaks at the news. She will be sorely missed by everyone who knew her. I think of Susie as one of my kindred spirits, a sister in soul and a light that shone where ever she went. I send my love and energy of peace for her and you all. I believe she will always be with you. Her spirit is as strong as ever. Xo, Lisa and Bob

10. AlexanderBlairClaudia says:

We cannot believe what we just read – beautiful Sue fading. It was just a few days ago that we participated in a small fundraiser for Sue with the kids at De Anza Springs, and were hoping for her to get better soon. Ron and Sue have always been smiling together at De Anza every time we had the fortune to spend a weekend there, and they rented from us for a few months when we first bought our small place, and they started living there. I will be there in spirit with Sue and send her positive energy for the rest of the journey.

11. susan says:

My Love is with all of you <3

12. Angie R says:

Yall are in my constant thought and prayers. I have met few people in my life that can bring such sunshine into the darkest hours than Sue. She has a grace and poise possessed by few and I consider it an honor to have basked in her glow. The light on Earth will shine less, but a brighter star will burn in Heaven. We love you both more than words can say and are here for whatever we can do.
    Nan

13. debbis says:

I have no words to express how sorry I am. Susie is a bright light and will be missed. May God shine his blessing on your family. Love you both. Debbi

14. Charb says:

Ron,Elaine,and Family:
    I found it hard to find the words I want to express. Our hearts are full of sadness, knowing that she will never walk into the room with her beautiful smile and laugh. Our arms are helping you and the family, giving you strength, to lean against us as you need.
    Ron your beautiful angel will be with you forever if not in body but within your big heart my friend. May the Lord embrace you and comfort you through this journey you and Susie will be taking together.

Elaine and Family: You have a beautiful bright light of an angel in your daughter,sister. She will shine the brightest among the stars in the sky. May the lord and his spirit be with you all.

Love Daniel and Charlene

15. pfflier says:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Sue. Please know that Sue is surrounded by her circle of friends wherever they are today and forever.

16. John Reon says:

Our lives have been enhanced just because we stepped within range of the Love of Sue!
    Her gentle smile has etched and indelible mark into our hearts. Such warmth and grace may never be replaced, but will most certainly never ever be forgotten. I know that everyone will hold dear, each and every moment spent with Sue.
    We love you both.

17. punicastro says:

I cannot tell you guys how sorry I am to hear this heartbreaking news.
    I haven’t cried so much in a long time.
    I am so glad I got to see her last Thursday. In her weak state she was still smiling and being brave as usual. I was amazed by her strength and her enthusiasm.
    I know Sue since almost 10 years ago and she had being a great friend to me and a great person to have around with her happy spirit.
    I hope she goes through this phase in peace and with no pain.
    For you Ronnie and Sussy’s family I cannot tell you what a great person you had by your side. An angel lighting your way.
    I love you Sue y que Dios te bendiga.

18. Angie R says:

Up for the day and thought I would check in and let you all know how much y’all are loved. I will bw in constant prayer today that God dives you strength and comfort. I pray that Susie is free from pain and can feel the love which surrounds her.

19. papadave papadave says:

My prayers are that God will lighten your burdens and brighten your lives.

Your ‘family’ salutes you – loves you – all of you.

20. jad742 says:

Peace be with you Susie, we love you and we will miss you. Sometimes it makes no sense but we have to trust in our Lord. Our prayers are with Ron and the whole family.